Thursday, July 16, 2009

Saying Goodbye

We dropped my little brother off at the airport yesterday afternoon. He had been staying with us for the summer to help with the kids, so I could launch my business. The 3 months went by way too fast and I did not get nearly as much stuff done as I was hoping for. And now he has headed back home. We will miss him lots! He was a great help and very patience with them.

It was so heart wrenching, because I did not think or prepare myself for what this would do to the boys. They were devastated! Not only did little hottie N think that he was going with him on the plane, he prepared himself at home beforehand . He packed his little Kung Fu Panda backpack with rollers and he made sure to include a few toys and an extra pacifier. (no way he is traveling anywhere without a passpee!) The child was planning on leaving us and heading to Utah with my brother! We arrived at the airport and got my brother all checked in and all the while N is as happy as can be, cause he thinks that he is getting on a plane real soon. We get to the part where we have to say our goodbyes' and N goes "bye mom". So I tell him that he is staying with mommy and he says " No, I going with Chris" with a big smile. It was so hard to tell him no and hold him with his panda pack while we saw him go through security. That is when the extreme screaming started. Jordan was cool as ever and I was appreciating his "toughness".
I tried to lighten the mood by saying we should go watch him leave on the shuttle since this is their fav part of the airport. We waved our last goodbyes' until we could no longer see him. I look over and "tough" J is bawling! Now I have two bawling children and people are looking at me like I just pinched them or something. Little hottie J goes "moms don't let uncles leave". I felt like crying now! Not only do I not have someone to help with them right now, I am sad to have a family member go and I realized that I am gonna have to carry both to the parking garage and one is wearing a panda pack.
I ended up getting them Mcdonalds and everyone suddenly was happy again. I love how food can change your mood like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment