Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin Parfaits


I am so obsessed with pumpkin pie (actually pumpkin anything)that pumpkin pie is really the main thing I look forward to at Thanksgiving. Once I ate a whole pumpkin pie IN ONE DAY. True story. Anyway, I came across this recipe on Gourmet.com and this has given me the itch to make pumpkin everything. Where is my pumpkin latte? Mmmm pumpkin!

Here is the recipe:


* 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 1/4 tsp)
* 1/4 cup cold water
* 1 (15-oz) can pure pumpkin
* 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 2 1/4 cups chilled heavy cream, divided
* 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided
* 20 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed

*
Equipment:
8 (6- to 8-oz) glasses

*
Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small saucepan and let soften 1 minute. Bring to a bare simmer, stirring until gelatin has dissolved. Whisk together gelatin mixture, pumpkin, brown sugar, spices, and salt in a large bowl.
*
Beat 1 cup cream with 1/2 tsp vanilla until it holds soft peaks, then fold into pumpkin mixture gently but thoroughly.
*
Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream with remaining 1 tsp vanilla until it holds soft peaks.
*
Spoon about 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture into bottom of each glass, then sprinkle with some of cookies and top with about 2 Tbsp whipped cream. Repeat layers once, ending with cream.
*
Chill until set, at least 2 hours.

Cooks’ notes: Parfaits can be made 1 day ahead and chilled.

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way! I always look forward to I-Hops pumpkin pancakes. They are so YUMMY!! This dessert looks amazing. Now I am hungry!!

    ReplyDelete