Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Amazing Grass




Sorry for anyone who thought this post was about something else.


So our kids have been sick lately. Jordan has been in school for 5 days now and has been home for a total of 3 days. This child has caught 2 different sicknesses in 1 week. First it was stomach flu and when he came home on Monday he had a really bad cough and sore throat. I am about to pull my hair out, because now Nolan is sick too. He had a really high fever last night and I was having severe anxiety about this. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I am already a very anxious person, so to add this on top of it makes me feel like I need to be comatosed.

So it is Wednesday and he has missed another day. I stress in the morning about calling his school to tell him if it is okay that I keep him home again. I feel like I am calling into work sick and worrying that they are gonna tell me to come in anyway or I am fired.

Anyway, I was doing some research on things that can help "boost" his immune system and I came across this awesome stuff. This company called AMAZING GRASS. They have chocolate milk powder that you mix with milk and it has all their fruits and veggies, plus wheat grass in it. I called Ryan right away when I saw that our health food store sells it, so he could get it on the way home. I must say, this stuff is AWESOME! Our boys LOVE it! It really tastes like chocolate milk. While they were drinking it down, I was beaming with excitement, because OUR kids were drinking VEGETABLES! Jordan just drank a zucchini and he didn't even know it. AWESOME!

I am hoping that by giving this to him everyday will start to help boost his immune system.

Anyone who has kids who do not eat the recommended daily dose of fruits and vegetables needs to get this. They also have it for adults too. I think I might try.

1 comment:

  1. Poor kiddo. I hope he gets feeling better. And hopefully once he is up to par he can go to school daily. Which is the best immune booster ever. Being exposed to a daily variety of new germs. It happens to new flight attendants. You get sick a lot the first couple of weeks on the job, then you never get sick again. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete