Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jordan SAY WHAT?

I didn't think this time would come for a few more years, but I was wrong.
......

Today Jordan asked about the S.E.X word. And when I mean asked he said "Mom, why do you and dad have so much sex? Um, I am pretty much still in shock. I mean what do you say when your child says that to you? I haven't even had time to rehearse this, let alone come up with a good response. My first thought was "I knew it, your teacher is a pedophile because I didn't check her background", but I knew that I was overreacting, so the first thing out of my mouth was "What? Sex? We don't do that; I don't even know what that is. The boys start laughing like a giggly school girl and I tried to change the subject. "Heeey....yooouuu....guuuuyyys...want some treats when we get home?". The whole time I am thinking "where in the hell is their father when I am asked questions like this".

For the record - we do not have a lot of sex, cause if we did I think I would know about it and I would tell you:)

So I need advice. Have any of you been put in this kind of situation and if so, what was your response?

I am too young for this.

P.S. Would it be wrong to put this in his baby book? We have hit another milestone:(

3 comments:

  1. That's when you ask him what he thinks sex is. Chances are he might just think it's kissing. That story is great though. I would put it in the baby book. All the better to embarrass him later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that is good times, you are definately starting a new stage of life, however, I bet you can put it off for a couple more years with some distraction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Embarrass him when he's older!

    ReplyDelete