Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back To School

It is that time of year and any parent who has school aged kids knows that back to school shopping can be a major pain. I am such a procrastinator; I have waited till the last week to do all of Jordan's clothes shopping.

We decided that this evening would be the last day we could do it, due to my brother visiting last weekend and leaving yesterday and Ryan leaving tomorrow for New Orleans for business till this Saturday. The child starts school on Monday. Yeah I know; Bad Mommy!

We decided that since we live in Florida that we mostly just need to buy plenty of shorts and short sleeved shirts. Little did I know that stores here; such as Gap, tend to carry the same style of clothing that appeals to the rest of the country that sees Winter. Do they not stop and think that it doesn't even get chilly here until Nov? And when I mean chilly I mean high 60's.

We go into Gap and all they have for back to school clothes are long sleeves, jeans and fleece pullovers. Where in the damn are the shorts and regular clothes that all of us shopping at this mall or in the entire state will ever need for the next 3 months. If I put my child in these clothes he would be dying of heat and I would probably get a call from Child Services.

We ended up finding a couple of polos in the sale section from their summer collection. We had to go to several different stores looking for Summer clothes, and no such luck. I am curious what other parents are thinking or what they did. I think I might ask some moms when I drop him off on his first day if they know a store that keeps secret summer clothes.

Anyway, I spoke about this for way too long and this was not what this post was suppose to be about.

I wanted to talk about how sad I am about him starting school. Since this is kinda my online journal I thought it would be appropriate.

Jordan, I love you so freaking much and as I am so excited for this milestone. I am also very sad to let go of you. I know it is only Preschool and it is only 3 hours a day, but never again will you be able to hang out with me all day. Never again will you or I be able to sleep in until 11:30am cause we stayed up late playing Nick Jr online or watching Noggin till 2am. I hope you love your school and make lots of friends.

I remember like it was yesterday; looking at him so small and perfect and thinking someday that I will be picking him up from school and it seemed like forever away. I am now living what I couldn't even imagine 4 years ago.

I will post pics of his first day on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I really can't believe he is old enough to go to school, I swear just yesterday you were pregnant. We are getting old!

    ReplyDelete