Saturday, August 22, 2009

Green Goodness


If you have picky eaters like I do, than you know it is hard to get them to eat their fruits and veggies.

Jordan is pretty good about eating most fruit, but Nolan will only eat a banana and smoothies. So their diet does not include any veggies. They REFUSE to eat them. I can make Nolan alfredo with noodles and HIDE 1 just 1 PEA in there and he will find that damn thing in his mouth and spit it out. It is so frustrating, because how are they going to survive on chicken nuggets, corn dogs, cereal and ice cream.

Well I found out about this green drink smoothie that you can make that is stuffed with spinach leaves. (I know you are probably thinking EWW). Trust me it is delish! You can not even taste the spinach. I add loads of strawberries, pineapple juice, fresh banana and coconut flakes. The Boys LOVE it and ask for it all the time! If I want to cram more in there, I add flax seeds and probotic powder for kids.

Give it a try - I know your body will thank you:)

1 comment: