Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What to Say


I am trying to think of something to blog about; I keep starting to write something but then delete it and start over. So I thought I would just write about what is on my mind as of late.

I have not felt in the mood to do anything lately except be with my family and think about how grateful I am to have the people that I love and love me in my life. It's sad that something tragic has to happen for people to realize how important family and friends really are. Nothing is important or truly matters in life except the ones that are the closest to us. We stress about the dumbest stuff and take for granted what really matters most in life.

As I type this I am holding back tears for what I am about to tell you.

We got a text yesterday afternoon from Ryan's older sister telling us that her boyfriend and 2 of his family members left for a fishing trip 3 days ago and still have not returned. They were flying in his private plane from Idaho to Washington and were suppose to be back on Sunday. When there were no sign of them the family became worried and called search and rescue.

We searched online for hours trying to get up to date info and kept calling family asking if they have heard anything that we could not find online yet.

We heard that they spotted the plane but were unable to get within 1000 feet due to the rough terrain. At this point, we are all coming up with our own scenarios. We were thinking that the engine went out and they coasted down into a bunch of trees; escaping with only minor injuries and were on their way looking for help.

This was killing us not knowing more. Hours later we got a call from Ryan's mom saying that they were able to get to the plane with an ATV and confirmed that there were 3 bodies. This is the absolute worst thing to ever hear. Ryan is bawling and I am bawling and our boys are scared; we don't know what to do or say and we feel completely helpless being so far away.

You can see the report here


Our hearts go out to the families and we know that words can not describe how they feel.
Kir, please know that we are mourning with you and know that this has deeply affected us. We love you!


Please appreciate your loved ones, because you never know when they will be taken from you.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley I am so sorry to hear this story. I don't even know them and reading the article I was balling. My thoughts are with you and their families at this time and I hope you can be comforted. Life really is precious!

    ReplyDelete